Invisalign Round Rock
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign involves using a custom series of aligner trays that are comprised of smooth and virtually invisible plastic. Worn over your teeth every day, the trays will gradually shift your teeth and create a beautiful new smile, based on the strategic movements our Doctors has planned. These custom trays are removable, which means you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods, and your teeth will be easier to keep clean without any need for special tools.
What to expect during treatment
Your Invisalign treatment begins during your initial consultation with one of our Certified Invisalign Providers at NuYu Dental. During that meeting, the doctor will carefully evaluate your mouth, teeth and gums to determine whether or not Invisalign can correct your unique dental issues and deliver the ideal smile you desire.
From there, if you decide to move forward with one of the best Invisalign Round Rock dentists, NuYu Dental will take x-rays, photos and impressions of your teeth to plan for your treatment, including the precise movements of your teeth at every stage. A series of custom-made tray aligners will then be created just for you. You can expect these aligners to be extremely comfortable, and they won’t irritate your teeth or gums as can sometimes happen with traditional metal braces. You’ll wear your aligners for at least 20 hours every day, taking them out only to eat meals and brush your teeth.
Through this process, the aligners gradually and gently shift your teeth into their optimal position. Approximately every week you’ll wear a new set of aligners, which will advance you through the Doctors treatment plan and move you one step closer to your beautiful new smile. Throughout your treatment, you will also have routine visits with Dr. Kim or Dr. Chhatriwala at their Round Rock Invisalign practice they can monitor your progress and ensure an optimal outcome.
Can Invisalign correct my dental issues?
Dr. Kim and Dr. Chhatriwala is able to use Invisalign to correct a wide variety of dental issues that range from mild to complex, including:
- Excess spacing. This occurs when there is too much space in between the teeth, creating a gap.
- Overbite. Also known as “buck teeth,” this occurs when the upper teeth are located too far in front of the lower teeth.
- Underbite. An underbite occurs when the lower jaw protrudes beyond the upper jaw, causing the front lower teeth to overlap the front top teeth.
- Open bite. This occurs when some of the top and bottom teeth don’t meet all the way when biting.
- Crowding issues. Crowding occurs when there isn’t enough space for the teeth to fit properly within the jaws. Signs of crowding are teeth that are twisted and displaced.
- Crossbite. A crossbite develops when the upper and lower jaws are misaligned, causing some of the upper teeth to touch the inside of the lower teeth.
Benefits of Invisalign
At NuYu Dental, patients of all ages love Invisalign because of the many benefits it offers, including the ability to:
- Straighten your teeth as discreetly as possible.
- Remove the appliance whenever you want, giving you more freedom.
- Eat without any food restrictions because of your braces.
- Treat a wide range of dental issues.
- Brush and floss your teeth normally, promoting optimal oral health.
- Have less office visits to check on your progress.
- Achieve a beautiful smile with less irritation to your cheeks and gums.