Success Rates of Dental Implants
Dental implants are among the most successful restoration procedures in dentistry. Studies have shown a five-year success rate of approximately 95% for lower jaw implants and 90% for upper jaw implants. The success rate for upper jaw implants is a little lower because the upper jaw is less dense than the lower jaw. This makes it harder for implantation and osseointegration(the process where the implant integrates with the jaw bone) to take place. Dental implants may fail for a number of reasons:
- Implant Positioning – If the placement of the implant is not ideal, the osseointegration process may not occur properly.
- Breakage – Implants can sometimes fracture or break.
- Infection – An infection or an inflammatory condition in the gum or bone.
- Smoking – Smoking decreases the healing ability of the body and blood flow necessary for proper healing.
- Poor Oral Hygiene – Poor hygiene can lead to the development of peri-implantitis around dental implants, which is similar to how gum disease forms around the natural tooth.
MOST INSURANCES WELCOME AND MAXIMIZED!
NEW PATIENT SPECIALS & FINANCING OPTIONS AVAILABLE.
Contact us and schedule your visit today.
The Proof is in Our Patients
Specials & Offers
New Patient Special
New Patients Only
|Monday||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Saturday||Open Select Saturdays!|